Saturday 23 June 2012

Interesting Magic: Mono Colour EDH Generals Part 4: Green

Following swiftly on with Green. I'm rather dissappointed that my favorite magic colour seems to have an allergy to anything unique and has populated its legendary slots with manadorks and fatties. But there's a couple of gems in here including my favorite rage inducing Commander EVAR.

Glissa Sunseeker has a fairly standard green effect for an Elf but it's the requirement that its CMC must exactly match the amount of mana in your mana pool to be destroyed that I particularly like. While it's a restriction which makes Glissa strictly worse than some cards I like the inclusion of the requirement.

Now Dosan the Falling Leaf is basically the deathknell to fun for many a control player. They can't respond to anything and if you have players anything like the ones that tend to inhabit my playgroups they live for the counterspells and obscure combat tricks that let them show their brain is hung like a horse. Dosan holds the unique honour of being the only Commander I've seen people refuse to play against before even seeing the deck in play.

Only 2 for green sadly but rest assured white has more generals and yes, most of them are from the Kamigawa block.

No comments:

Post a Comment